Thursday, July 13, 2006

Okay, Already!

I have been reprimanded by my husband for not blogging recently, so here goes. Actually, I have been reprimanding myself for it because I am so far behind on my scrapbooks that I am going to need some reminders later of what I have been up to. So here are the really short day by day updates of what we've been up to. I am using my calendar as a memory aide, so I am sure I will leave out all sorts of exciting things we have done.

Monday, June 26
We watched Treasure Hunters on NBC. I like this show. It is kind of like the Amazing Race, but you have to actually figure out where you are going and sometimes they pair up teams to work together so the dynamics are different. I am always curious about the casting choices of shows like this. On a past season of the Amazing Race there was an African-American family with the surname of Black. They were advertised as the Black Family. On Treasure Hunters there is an African American with the surname of Brown. Of course they are advertised as the Brown Family. Kills me! I can't believe I like reality TV so much that I noted that Treasure Hunters was on TV on my calendar!

Tuesday, June 27
Bunco Night at Jill's. Jill made a yummy breakfast spread again!

Wednesday, June 28
Absolutely nothing on my calendar, but I think we might have watched the second half of Broken Trail. I think I liked it better than Tuan did. FYI...Dad finally got to watch it and said he liked it alot. He said there were a lot of close ups of the rifle he uses in his Cowboy Competitions.

Thursday, June 29
Nothing...have no idea what we did.

Friday, June 30
Tuan and I took the day off to leave to travel to Cincinnati in time for him to get to watch the World Cup Game at 11am. We left around 6am, and got there just in time. He watched the first half of it at the hotel, and then we headed to Willie's for lunch and the second half. We rested later, and then set out to catch the shuttle to the Great American Ballpark (which by the way is named for it's sponsor, I thought they were just proud of their stadium).

The shuttle dropped us off close to the stadium and then we had to walk FOREVER to find an ATM so that we could get tickets to the game. We never buy tickets to games in advance we always get better seats on the street. We did get some good tickets (1st base line, lower section...our favs) and we got back to the stadium in enough time to see what all the food vendors had to offer, get something to eat and find our seat.

The Reds were playing the Indians so there was a full house, I think they said over 34,000, but that may be high. The game was not the most exciting one we have been to. Here are the highlights! We left just before the game was over to get on the shuttle, so if you read the highlights you know that we missed the most exciting part of the game...the Reds ended up winning with a Grand Slam in the 9th!

Saturday, July 1
We left Cincinnati around 6am to drive just a bit north of Detroit to meet Tuan's family at his dad's niece's house. Tuan's dad's sister recently had a brain aneurysm and he hadn't seen her in over a year so we all drove up with him so that he could see her. She lives with his niece and her family. It was fun playing with the kids. We took a walk after dinner to a local school to play on the playground. FYI...the roads in Michigan (and Canada) are horrible.

No comments: