Thursday, July 13, 2006

Catching Up Continued...



Sunday, July 2
We (all of us except the families who lived there and Tuan's dad) left Detroit for Toronto around 11am. It takes about 4 hours to get there, but Tuan's family loves to go get the fruit at the Asian markets there because they can't get the same stuff in the stores over the US b0rder. We checked into our hotel walked quite a few blocks down Queen Street (check out the very touristy Tuan in the pic) and had lunch at a little Vietnamese place with good egg rolls (I loved watching Amber with her noodles). I had my favorite dish Bun Thit Nuong. After lunch we went one of the Asian produce markets and Lisa and Tuan's mom bargained for fruit. They were hardcore about it, and I just wanted to stay out of the way.

Everyone else headed back to the hotel so that Amber could swim and they could start eating their fruit, and Tuan and I decided to do some more siteseeing. I had been in the CN tower when I was in Toronto before, but Tuan hadn't, so we thought we would head that way. When we found out how expensive it was to go up in it, we decided that seeing it was enough and went to rest and have some refreshments at a local spot with an outdoor patio. It was nice watching the people go by and not nearly as hot as here. Then we headed back to the hotel and got ready to go out for dinner. Dinner was good, but it was the last time I was able to use my camera because I was going to let Amber take a picture of me and Tuan and it slipped out of her hands. We also got some bad news after dinner when we realized that the parking garage we had used closed while we were eating, so we sent everyone else to the hotel in a taxi and Tuan and I walked back. My feet were killing me by this point, I had forgotten my tennis shoes.

No comments: