
The last time I was at mom and dad's house, I noticed that mom was about to take our old encyclopedias to the trash. I didn't know why, but I knew I wasn't ready for her to throw them away yet, so I loaded them up in the mini van where they stayed until today. Tuan and I have wanted to purchase some shelves to put behind our love seat, but haven't been ready to spend the money yet because we have such cheap stuff in the living room anyway, it would seem weird to buy something nice before we replace everything in there.
Well, I decided the other day, based on an idea I had gotten from Heather in Florence, that I would buy some large terra cotta pots and some shelving board and make some shelves using the pots as the supports. Then I was putting groceries into the van when I saw the books and it occured to me that they would make great shelve supports, so we went to Lowe's, got the shelving boards and made the shelves pictured here. They are not beautiful, but they will work great until we decide to put some money into better furniture. I am using crooked suitcases for end tables so this seems to fit right in.
Before we went to Lowe's we ran into Jeff and Jen from our Sunday School class in town and we all had dinner at Carraba's. Tuan and I LOVE the calamari there, and hadn't had it in awhile so it was great, we shared spaghetti and then had room for Marbleslab. It was a nice night out, especially since until a couple of hours ago, I have had a headache for two days straight.
Tuan and Mark spent the weekend golfing and camping in Greenville, SC. They had a good time and I am glad they found time to finally get together.
Friday night, we watched Running Scared. If you don't mind the f word alot and blood it was a great movie. The story was great, and Paul Walker is very easy on the eyes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment