Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

Tuan and I had a really relaxing Holiday Season. We both worked the week after we got back from the Vietnam trip and tried to get presents wrapped and some stuff done at home.

The Saturday before Christmas we went to Aunt Judy's for the Turner Christmas. We came back that evening.

On Christmas Eve Sunday we went to church, had lunch with the Swearingen family, rested, had dinner, went to the midnight candlelight service and then opened our presents to each other. I think Tuan got jipped and we had said we weren't getting gifts for each other. On Christmas Day, Tuan fixed breakfast, we watched some TV, mom and dad brought lunch, we played some games and then the Hileman family came over for dinner. Some people spent the night and it was a lot of fun to play so many games.

Tuan had to go back to work on Tuesday and I spent the week off trying to get our house organized. I even hung up some things that had been sitting in our floor for almost 2 years. I still have some work to do, but I am so proud of myself for not taking one nap while I was off. I didn't even sit to watch TV. That is so weird for me when I am off work.

On Saturday, we went to Oak Ridge to have Christmas with the kids and celebrate Tuan's mom's birthday early. Then we went to the ETSU vs. UT basketball game in Knoxville. ETSU put up a great fight and only lost by 5 points. I was a little disappointed in the confidence of our team. For example, when the teams lined up across the court for the national anthem, our team kind of huddle in one side of the court, the UT team (who had the same number of people) spread out across the whole court and looked so much more impressive. These are just some of the little (FREE) things we could do to help pumped up our crowd spirit.

Sunday we rested after church and then went over to the Berry's to bring in the New Year with our Sunday School Class.

Monday, Tuan and I played games (yes, he actually played a game with me), did some things at the house, watched more of Season 1 of "24". We had taken some episodes on the Ipod to Vietnam to keep from getting bored silly and now I am hooked. Then we had a New Year's dinner at Cheddar's. This was not our first choice, but the places we had wanted to go were closed. It was good though.

No comments: