Thursday night the 4th we went to watch Nathan (my cousin) play basketball against Science Hill. It was fun to watch him play, he is very good. It was also nice to see his maternal grandparents who are old family friends. I hadn't seen them in a long time.
Friday we left for Lynchburg to spend the weekend at my brother's house. We celebrated Deacon's first birthday on Saturday. He had a blast and he is such a great kid. Then we opened our family Christmas presents on Saturday night. It was a good day! On Sunday morning we woke up to the news that a Trooper that Patrick works with sometimes was shot for no reason. These kinds of shootings don't happen much, but when you have a family member who works in law enforcement you know there is always a possibility of such senseless and unexpected things. You never know what is going through someone's mind when they get pulled over or what they are on or transporting. It is so scary, but so many people don't realize that all law enforcement officers truly do put themselves on the line and face death everyday. Even when people think they are only trying to pull people over or are just sitting in their cars all day. Just something to think about. http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200770107001
We got home pretty late on Sunday night!
When I got to work on Monday, I was very excited when my GA brought seasons 2-4 of 24 for me to borrow. Yeh, and since I am sick with a cold or something there will be plenty of time to watch it. So, we watched 4 episodes on Monday and 3 on Tuesday. I haven't felt like doing too much lately and when I tried to go to an alumnae dinner last night I showed up an hour late. I am blaming on medicine head.
No comments:
Post a Comment