Monday, December 17, 2007

Still SICK!

Well, Tuan is finally home for good! I haven't written about this for safety reasons but since early September, Tuan has been working in Columbia, MD! It has been really hard having him away for so long, so I am really happy that he is finally back!

I mentioned last time I wrote that I hadn't been feeling well, and now a week has nearly passed and I am still not well. I am waiting on a call back from my allergy doctor to tell me what we can safely do while I am pregnant to relieve my swollen nasal passages, I usually have to get a steroid shot, but I don't want to take any chances with the baby, so we'll see. I definitely am using enirely too much nasal spray though, so something has to be done soon! I have been resting as much as possible this week to try to feel better.

Wednesday, Simply Events had an appointment with a potential wedding client. We certainly don't want to get pigeon holed into doing exclusively weddings, but this one sounds promising and fun! HOpefully it will work out!

On Friday, I had another OB appointment and all is well with the baby and me! My blood pressure even went down a bit!

Friday night, I helped plan a party for my recent Graduate Assistant and his fiance, they are getting married tomorrow, and graduated on Saturday so it was a combo party before they leave for their destination wedding.





Party Centerpieces (Thanks, MOM!)


Saturday, Simply Events had another meeting with a potential bride. We aren't quite sure that this one is worth our time, but we'll see! That afternoon, since I wasn't feeling well, Tuan and I just took it easy at home. We watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Tuan made some of his yummy homemade chicken noodle soup, we put together Turner's new playard, and we watched the Bourne Ultimatum, well Tuan did, I slept through it! It was a nice relaxing day!

Sunday morning, we woke up to a light snow and headed to church. We taught one of the adult sunday school classes which was kind of fun. They wanted us to tell them about our trip to Vietnam last year. It was nice to relive the memories of the trip! I am ready to go back! We thought we were also doing the lighting of the advent candle, but it seems that the guy who had called us forgot and had someone else do it. Fine with me, I was in no shape with this respiratory thing to speak in front of the congregation. We rested some more on Sunday, and watched some of season 6 of 24, we are trying to get caught up. Then Tuan worked a bit and we met up at church so that I could play handbells at the Festival of Lessons and Carols.

No comments: