Monday, May 21, 2007
Our First Party
Well, we did it. We had our first party on Friday night. I spent all day Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday running errands and fixing food and I think Jen probably did too, and it was worth it. We had a casino themed dessert party for my boss, Sally, to celebrate her 55th birthday. About 70 people came and everyone seemed to have a great time. We had too much food and drink, and didn't have enough corkscrews or bottle openers, but otherwise everything went really well. We are blessed with great friends who helped by making petit fours (THANK YOU SO MUCH LAURA), made sure drinks and ice stayed stocked (THANK YOU TUAN), helped with set up and decorating (THANK YOU JOY), and served as dealers (THANK YOU ROBERT, RICHARD AND JEFF). We made a lot of good contacts that will hopefully pay off in paying business later. Here is the link for the pictures http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2091900030&code=28075628&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite
Tuan left very early on Saturday morning to go for a golfing weekend with Mark in South Carolina. Sounds like they had a great trip. I went to watch Mac play tee ball on Saturday morning. I had no idea how complicated tee ball rules were. It was great fun and I even got to see my old friend and past neighbor, Troy. He is Mac's coach. After the game, the Clements and I went to Sally's to clean up and take down all the tables, decorations and such from the night before. I woke up with a headache and as the day went on it stayed with me and my stomach started getting pretty upset. I woke up still sick on Sunday, and with the exception of a brief appearance at our Sunday School class picnic, I was in bed most of the day.
Today, I was still sick and stayed home except for a meeting at 3pm that I needed to attend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment