This weekend was really nice.
I worked at a music festival on Friday to help out a student who wasn't really sure how to manage such a big event. It was nice for me because I didn't have to be in charge of everything and was able to relax a little more and hang out with the people I work on shows with and usually don't get to talk to much. I worked a little more than I planned to since I think the student was a little starstruck...that violates rule number one of concert work, you can't care too much about the artists and do a good job.
I got to leave for a few hours to go home for dinner after the Freemans got here from Georgia. Tuan grilled out steaks and made a great dinner. I can't believe how big the kids are. They are great! We hung out for a bit and then I went back and worked until about 12:30am while they watched Borat.
A funny thing happened on Friday morning when I was first getting to the intramural field to work help get things set up for the show. I had been listening to my Bob and Sheri podcast in the car and their chatroom topic for the day I was listening to was "what fell out of your purse or pocket and embarrassed you?". Well, there were a bunch of funny stories, but I was having trouble thinking of one of my own...until about 30 minutes later. Ironically, I needed a pen to sign some delivery paperwork so I went into my purse which was sitting in my car to get one. The student working the event was standing just outside my car and as I reached in to get the pen a tampon jumped out of my purse and on the ground. Cracked me up...what funny timing!
Saturday morning the guys went golfing pretty early, and the rest of us were able to sleep in a little bit and get the kids ready without rushing. We had a yummy lunch at Main Street Cafe and then ran some errands. It was really rainy when we first left the house, but it turned into a great day while we were out running around. That evening Tuan cooked spring rolls and hot and sour soup and we just hung out around the house.
Sunday, I played handbells in both services. I went to Sunday School by myself, and our substitute teacher did something really fun. The lesson was on giving cheerfully, and he gave each of us $10 to buy a stranger lunch. I haven't used mine yet, but can't wait. I met up with everyone else at church and then we had pizza at Johnny Brusco's before they had to leave. It was fun spending time with the Freemans.
I decided to go to Dottie's Pampered Chef party that afternoon and while I was gone for only a couple of hours, Tuan had already mown the lawn, scooped the cat litter and cleaned the house up. He is so great about helping out around the house and this allowed me to catch up on some resting! This semester has worn me out!
He may have also been buttering me up to present that fact that he thought he might want to move to Virginia Beach. It seems this may have passed because they didn't make the changes in that office that he thought they were going to, but I am sure we will be talking about moving again soon! We are both kind of anxious for a change, but not sure where we should go.
Monday, I worked a few hours and then took the afternoon off to run some errands. I was so behind on things. I also found time to work out, have lunch with Tuan and get a pedicure, which were all great. That evening we were able to go see David Copperfield. It was a great show, but I would love to know how he does that stuff. Its crazy! Thanks to Jon for helping us get into the show! That night, I had to go back to work from 9:30pm-12:30am to serve at the pancake breakfast, it is always fun.
Tuesday, I went in for a meeting and then took one more afternoon of comp time to go home and get some work done. I didn't get nearly as much done as I had hoped, but it was nice to rest some more. We have a houseguest moving in for about 6 weeks starting very soon, so I was hoping to get the basement cleared out a bit for him. I don't think he really cares that much! I did cook dinner, so that was one productive thing!
Wednesday, I actually worked all day! :) I also worked out again, and then Jen and I met with Sally to assess the space at her house that we will use for her party! I hope this goes well. It is hard to make someone's home look like an awesome party space, especially on a budget, but I think we can do some fun stuff.
I am excited that I don't have to go to class today. I look so forward to going to take a pilates class this afternoon and then going home and chilling and doing what I want!
No comments:
Post a Comment