Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Busy Day

I left work yesterday at lunch and got so much done.

First I had lunch at Alley Cats with Amy. We have classes together, but this is the first time we had done anything by ourselves (usually Richard is hanging around) and it was fun.

After that, I swung by the tattoo parlor. Like I said yesterday I have been grieving some losses the past couple of days and I kept having dreams about getting another tattoo. I had decided (and Tuan agreed) that I was going to get a small tattoo to help me memorialize the loss, but I didn't yet know what to do. Then on Sunday, mom gave me my old Baby Book and it had these two perfect flowers on the front that I knew immediately I would use. You can see the baby book flowers and the tattoo in the pictures.

After the tattoo, which only took about 10 minutes and really didn't hurt much at all, I had to go to Greeneville to pick up some Casino Game tables for the party we are doing on Friday. I also was able to stop at Wal-Mart to get some party supplies and supplies to plant two tomato plants. Why tomato plants? Well, I read this article, http://www.realsimple.com/realsimple/content/0,21770,1193378,00.html last year and decided that we should grow some. Mom and Dad also gave me a pot and some tomato baskets while we were there, so all I needed was dirt and some plants. I have also posted a picture of the plants. They look pretty good now, I hope they make it.

I have been craving Chuoi Nuong lately, you might remember that this was my favorite snack while we were in Vietnam. Well, I mentioned it this weekend while we were in Oak Ridge and everyone made it sound like it was such a big deal and so much work and that I would never be able to get the things I needed to make them. Well, I was determined to make it and for it to be good. So I searched online for a recipe and couldn't find one (weird, right?), but I did see a cookbook listed that it as one of the recipes. Luckily, they had it at Books a Million so I went to get it. The book is amazing, but needs more pictures. Well, it did take a little while to make the chuoi nuong, but it was actually pretty easy and turned out really well. It only needed a bit more sugar. Otherwise, it was pretty much spot on. I think we will make it more often. I am posting pictures of that too and a picture of the original.

It was a good day, and full of pleasant distractions and cleansing/renewing things. I know that sounds kooky, but I feel better and more positive.

No comments: