Friday, I worked at Orientation. First I did my normal job at check in and then I went to work off some internship hours at Orientation Check Out. It was fun to do something different for a change and to get to talk to all the orientaiton students.
We got done around 2ish and I was starving so I went to grab some lunch at Barberito's. Well, I had been there so many days for the past two weeks that the owner gave me a t-shirt! That's kind of sad and funny all at the same time.
After lunch, I went home and Tuan and I packed for a trip to Oak Ridge. We had to stop in Knoxville at his main office to pick up and drop off some stuff. We worked at the restaurant that night with Trung and Tuan's parents. We usually don't have that much help, so it wasn't bad at all. The calm before the storm you might say.
Saturday morning, Trung and his dad went to Nashville to visit Lisa's family. Her dad has been sick. Tuan and I had some breakfast at Panera, and then we went with his mom to watch the crew teams at the competition in town. It was cool. I think it is a great sport and there were teams there from everywhere. That kind of would be the problem though, you really don't get to have any competitions near where you are. You would have to travel pretty far to compete everytime. There didn't even seem to be any schools in the same state.
That night the restaurant was packed. Luckily Linh and Sa were with the biggest group and helped out some, but it never stopped. Sunday was the same thing. I don't mind being busy, but I have been kind of distracted lately. Sunday, I actually got pretty emotional, but had to buck up before the restaurant got busy. I did finally figure out what was bothering me. It is near the anniversary of a loss we had last year and it was Mother's Day so I have been depressed. I have been having dreams about it all too, and based on one of my dreams, I think I have decided to go get another VERY SMALL tattoo to help me get some closure and yet always be reminded of what we lost. I am doing some research today!
We stopped at Mom's to wish her Happy MOther's Day and then got back in town for the last half of the Survivor finale. I can't believe Dreamz didn't go good on his word to give Yau Man the immunity. He said the reason was that 3 people got to go in front of the jury and if he gave it up he was sure to be voted out. My opinion is that by not giving it up, he only made sure that he had no chance of winning anything. I was not surprised at all that Earl won unanimously. Cassandra really didn't do much of anything the whole game, and Dreamz sealed his fate with the immunity thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment