

We enjoyed breakfast complete with a mariachi band and then headed out for our City Tour. It was from 9am-2:30pm and despite the heat it was good. We started downtown at a very lucky jewelry store that gets to see all the tours, then we visited a church and the flea market. We also learned some fun facts on our bus tour. I learned that if you don't serve your military time in Mexico, you can't get a passport. We stopped at the Cigar Factory for a bit during our "free time" on the tour. This guy rolls about 200 cigars a day. He's pretty lucky though, it is air conditioned.
We stopped at a few places for views and then headed to a tequila factory. One of the places we stopped there was a man with his pet iguana probably making a very good living just on tourist tips to get their picture made with it. Call me a sucker! And...well, actually it wasn't a factory, but a little tequila store where the tour guide tells you about how tequila is made, you taste some and then they try to sell you some. I am glad we took the city tour, because the places we drove through on our way to the hotel from the airport were not the best parts of the area.
After the tour we went to the pool to hang out and ended up meeting up with Vycko's Dayton friends and some other people that were in for the wedding. In the end we ended up spending about 6 hours IN the pool with Guass and Rachelle, and even got asked to leave because the pool was closing. So we got cleaned up and met for dinner later.
Unfortunately, I didn't drink nearly enough water on Thursday because we were too busy staying cool in the pool and catching up, so Friday, while Tuan was golfing, I was in bed all day experiencing what true dehydration feels like. I have to tell you, it feels like the flu! I did get out of bed around 4pm to go on the Sunset Cruise with everyone. The weather and water were a bit rough at first, but it ended up being a great night out on the boat. We had a quick Italian dinner with Guass and Rachelle and went to bed early because neither of us was feeling well.
Tuan thought he had arranged for the spa to call me to come get a massage, but they didn't call for some reason. Just as well, I wouldn't have felt like going, but it was nice that he thought of it. I am not sure how they played golf in the terrible heat.
Friday was Jessica and Michael's wedding in Tennessee. I wish I could've been there for it, but when they changed the date we had already planned on this trip. Can't wait to hear about it and see pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment