Monday, June 05, 2006

The Weekend

I took off work on Friday to go to Tuan to Sevierville. He was playing in a work golf tournament, and I decided to go along for the ride to do some shopping. We first met mom and dad for breakfast in Bulls Gap. While he was golfing, I did some resting at the hotel and some shopping, then we had dinner at the restaurant in the Bass Pro Shop. It was actually pretty good, especially the bread. It had a sweet crust on it.

On Saturday, we had a yummy and very filling breakfast at the Applewood Grill, I must have eaten 10 of those great apple fritters. We did a bit more shopping, and then we headed home to help out at the Blue Plum Festival. Munsey sponsors the kids area and we had volunteered to help. We grabbed some dinner from the vendors before heading home, and then we settled in to do some things around the house and watch Constantine, again, Tuan is not the greatest movie picker.

On Sunday, Tuan and I helped serve communion at church, and then I went to Laura Beth's baby shower in Erwin. As soon as I got back we went with our Sunday School class for a BBQ picnic at Willow Springs Park. It was yummy and fun, especially yummy was Jennifer's pie, but the fun was cut short when it started to get really cloudy and rain was guaranteed. We packed up and got out of there just in time.

Tuan and I then settled in for our Sunday night movie and watched In Her Shoes, I liked it, but it was a little drawn out.

No comments: