Monday, March 16, 2009

Project Updates

Okay, so I have 4 scrabble tile pendants underway, but I didn't actually use scrabble tiles. I used some wooden tiles that I found at Hobby Lobby, they are a little larger than scrabble tiles, but I wanted to play with the technique a bit while I wait on the tiles I found on Ebay to arrive. I also substituted the Diamond Glaze with this product called Triple Thick. We'll see how it works out. My friend and amazing crafter, Alison, also recommended Ranger Glossy Accents as a substitute, but I couldn't find it either, and found the Triple Thick recommendation online. I am trying out some pictures that I just printed on regular paper on the tiles. Finally, Alison also recommended coating the tiles with clear nail polish after the steps are done and before attaching the bail. She said the glazes will sometimes still show finger prints. Finally, she said to make sure to let the glaze dry for 2-3 days.

Here is a picture of my closet dividers. I have designed a more boyish set too with a safari theme. I will photograph those when I make them.



Finally, Alison sent this great link for beautiful dresses for little girls. I fell in love with the patterns of the fabric, and T Baby would look so darned cute in them, but I refuse to pay $40 for something she will outgrow so quickly, so mom and I went shopping for fabric and patterns and found these combinations of fabrics for some little dresses for Turner.

We are going to use this fabric combo to make a dress in the style of the one below it.


We are going to use this fabric combo to make a dress in the style of the one below it.


We are going to use this fabric combo to make a dress in the style of the one below it.


All of this for less than $30. I know mom's time is very valuable too, but this seems much more logical to me. I just wish I had the time to make them myself. Once I finish this degree maybe I can make my sweet little girl some dresses too.

Well, that's where I am! It's been fun doing some crafting again, and the great thing about those tile pendants is that you do a little work and then you HAVE to leave it for awhile while things dry.

1 comment:

Kris said...

LOVE the fabrics you chose for those adorable dresses! Have you thought about entering Turner in the Shabby baby's Picture Perfect contest?