Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Facebook

We have known for a few weeks now that my sister in law's dad was in really bad health. Last night before we went to bed we got the call from Tuan's mom that her dad probably wouldn't make it much longer, but we had no idea what that really meant. This morning we found out that he passed last night! I am really sad for her family, and really at a loss to know what to do.

The real reason that I wrote this post, other than to say how sad I am for them is to relay the story of how I found out the news that he had passed. I always scan my Facebook News Feed to see what people are up to, and Lisa's brother had changed his status message to say that his dad had passed. Isn't it odd how quickly news travels through these sites? I totally expected we would hear the news from Tuan's mom.

No comments: