Just FYI, I have decided that one of the main reasons my current professor teaches is to find ways to get the class to compliment her...she loves it. For example, last night in class, she did a mock interview for us to take observation notes on, and somehow the feedback on what we observed was all about how wonderful she was (this wasn't on my observation sheet, she does do a great job, but that isn't what we were to observe), and she would just glow when someone would compliment her and then say things like "Thank you, I really try to do...". It was kind of humorous.
Last night's class was also a very clear demonstration of how people get things in different ways. We are in a qualitative research class and in an effort to help us learn about the coding process we did two activities. One where we took a pile of buttons to their smallest analyzable groupings and then regrouped them into themes and patterns. The other we had an actual focus group transcript that we were to code. I was having so much trouble with those stupid buttons, and most everyone else got it immediately, but I was comfortable with the written transcript while it seemed to freak other people out. I think it is because the transcript seemed practical that it was easier for me. The buttons were a great demonstration, but only frustrated me and made me feel like I was wasting time.
No comments:
Post a Comment