Monday, June 18, 2007

Bonnaroo 2007


I had Orientation all day Thursday and then we had another meeting with the people we are doing the next few parties with on Thursday night. Things are going really well. There was a huge thunderstorm while I was driving to their house and I sweard some lightning hit right beside me at the gas station. It made my head hurt it made such a loud sound...actually the sound could've been thunder, but they were at the same time.

Friday we had Orientation again and then Tuan and I headed to Patrick's house. We got there kind of late and just hung out talking to Patrick and Lanie. Saturday we rested and played with Deacon. He is growing so much, he was alot of fun even though he had a fever and probably didn't feel very good.

That night (thanks to a very nice friend of mine) Lanie, Tuan and I went to Bonnaroo which is about 45 minutes from Patrick and Lanie's house. Not only did my friend get us in the event (you can't buy day passes) but he picked us up at the hotel down the street so that we didn't have to mess with parking and he got us free t-shirts. We really had a great time! I had heard so many horror stories about the crowd at the event, but we found the crowd to be very friendly and easy to be around. I did hear that this year's group was a bit calmer, but to me they were perfectly pleasant and mellow. I wasn't scared or aggravated even once.

We hung out for a few hours, but wen't primarily to see The Police. It was all of the original band members and they did a great job. I am putting some video here, but mostly it would be for the sound as we weren't really that close to the stage. I am so happy we went (even though everyone tried to talk us out of it) and I am trying to find a way to work production next year somehow. Hopefully, some of my other connections can help out. Or I could work security administration with Jon. We'll see.

Here is a link to our pictures








..


No comments: