Well, we arrived at the mystery destination about 10pm last night, we are staying at the very nice and historical Georgian Terrace Hotel in downtown Atlanta. Tuan was right that "technically" I haven't been here, and it is really nice. The rooms aren't fancy, but they have a certain appeal and historical feel. After we arrived last night, we walked a couple of blocks down the street to Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles restaurant. I have been talking about wanting to go there for years, and Tuan was so sweet to not only remember, but to look up the address, and find a hotel that was in the same part of town. I am so glad I was hungry when I arrived. Huge chicken wings fried to perfection with a big fluffy waffle and syrup were a GREAT combination! I suspected they would be.
The only kind of down part was the man who walked with us awhile after we left who supposedly has been here since Katrina. He was actually very nice, not scary, and very smart, but of course, he finally ended up politely separating from us and asking for money for breakfast before he walked away. I think we both really kind of enjoyed talking to him and wanted to believe him so by the time we had hestitated we had to either come up with a good reason not to give him something or give him something. Luckily, Tuan had a couple of bucks, so we didn't give him much, and I think it helped us settle some of our cognitive dissonance on the matter. I felt guilty because he asked us what we thought of the restaurant in such an upbeat tone that I actually answered him and we bragged on the place for awhile. How thoughtless...he might have been telling the truth.
Today, we have surprise number two, not that what we have done so far wouldn't have been enough. We have to be somewhere at 12pm. We'll be inside most of the time and walking a lot. It is my paper gift and we can stay as long as we want. I am confused, but this is my actual gift according to Tuan. I will report again when I know more! We are having dinner at a mystery location tonight too, and I am supposed to dress up! Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment