Monday, February 04, 2008

Another quick catch up post...

I have done it again, let more than a month go by without writing. All I can say is that making a baby is hard work, the holidays and work has been really busy since school started back on the 14th of January.

So here goes...

We spent New Year's Eve with our Sunday School class at Jen and Jeff's it was a good time. We played Rummy which I haven't done in ages, ate a ton of food, and Tuan watched some crazy motorcycle stuntman try to beat a record. We rang in the new year with Ryan Seacrest and then all went home!

We went to Tuan's parents the weekend of his mom's birthday, it was a quick trip, but good. She always does so much work cooking and stuff while we were there, so I am not sure how much of a Birthday gift it was!

Jen and I have met with about 4 brides to be lately who have asked us about planning their weddings this summer. We thought we would at least get one, but we didn't. We aren't too torn up over it since weddings really aren't where we want our business to go, we really want corporate stuff, but I suppose we should care what happened. One girl only wanted a director and found out her church provides one. One girl decided not to get married. One couldn't afford us, and the other just hasn't gotten back to us. She was the one we were most interested in, but her wedding seemed the most likely to not happen too, so who knows! We should really start advertising, since we haven't, but we are both so busy and now that I am pregnant I am a bit preoccupied. Good thing we don't need this job to eat. Once things settle down with the baby a bit, I think I will do some work. We are updating our website, so that is a start!

Tuan is playing in an indoor soccer league and having a great time! He is on a co-ed team and they have one all but one of their games! I am glad he likes it this time. The last time he played in this league it didn't really enjoy it. I think he is matched up with a better level of players this time.

Tuan and I finally found some furniture that we like and have ordered it! I can't wait until it arrives. It is reclining furniture, so I think I will be able to get comfy on something for once.

I had a 4D Ultrasound done on the 21st, it turned out well, but Turner wasn't completely cooperative. She kept her foot in her face the entire time. She did allow us to see that she looks JUST LIKE TUAN! I am fine with that!

I had some horrible stomach virus for a few days last week, but seem to be over it now! I still think I am a bit dehydrated.

Thursday night, we were able to go to the Troutdale Dining Room courtesy of our Financial Advisor who also fronts the rock band Spank which I find entertaining because our Sunday School teacher also fronts a band, Bag A Cats. I highly recommend the Troutdale for a special night out, and as cliche as it sounds, I highly recommend the TROUT!

Saturday, we took our marathon childbirth class where they told us all about labor and delivery options. It lasted a long time, but it was good information, and we got to tour the hospital. While we were at lunch, I was walking through a parking lot between some cars and just as I got beside this woman's car she opened her car door into me. It bruised my stomach so I have a big purple bruise, but it wasn't hard enough to be worried about the baby, just one of those weird what-the-heck just happened moments. I don't think the woman noticed that I was pregnant since she was in shock too, so hopefully she didn't lose too much sleep over it.

I had another shower yesterday with my mom's family and some longtime family friends. Jessica put so much work into it and it was great! Everyone once again was very generous!

Last night we had our best Super Bowl party to date. We have had our Sunday School class over for the past few years and last night the most people came, we had great food, the game was good and everyone seemed to have a good time!

We have actually had a couple of weekends where Tuan and I were able to spend a lot of time relaxing. I know he was probably bored silly, but I welcomed it. We would fix breakfast or go out, lay around the house and watch movies, run errands or just window shop. It was great! It is all over for the next few weeks though!

There now I think that will get me somewhat caught up for a bit...

No comments: