Well, Monday and Wednesday were class as usual. I am still enjoying this class more than some others although I think my professor could lose it at any time. We'll see.
Tuesday, I started at LA Weight Loss. I have finally realized that I cannot be trusted with food and I need some hard core accountability, so I signed up. Basically, it isn't rocket science or anything, but the thing that made me want to join was that you get one on one "counseling" and weigh ins as many times a week as you want. The first two days were pretty much all you could eat protein, a few veggies, and this juice drink that they have. You drink 64 oz of water a day and drink the juice and pee constantly. As a result I lost about 4 pounds of water weight. Now I am on the next phase which is 4 weeks of a little more food, but still pretty restricted. I eat a lot of protein, some starch, some fruit, a lot of veggies, quite a bit of dairy and some fats and still drink a ton of water. So far I haven't lost any more weight, but I haven't gained either. I am to go in three times a week at this point. The funny thing is that I am actually eating more than I wish I was, but it is good. After the four weeks, I can get more options. So far, I have done well.
Thursday, I started with my new hair dresser at Austin Springs spa. I like her alot. I have some long layers now to help my live with my hair while it gets long enough to donate to locks of love.
Friday, I spent all day setting up for the party on Friday night. It was our first corporate event and the one that has been so frustrating because someone else started the planning. Friday, I started working at 8am and we were outside all day getting ready for the party at the President's lake house. All went well, until the glass patio table we had moved to the grass by the lake shattered and cut both me and the guy helping me pretty badly. We spent hours cleaning up shattered glass out of the grass. You would've thought it was plexiglass or safety glass, but it sure wasn't. We even vacuumed the grass, it was horrible especially in the heat and humidity.
The event that night went well, but there were a few things they could've done better on their part. One is that they should've let the people who showed up on time go ahead and eat. They had the food sitting out for hours waiting on the "guests of honor" to arrive and the President of the company, but if they were going to be so late, everyone else should've been able to go ahead. The other things was that they somehow thought about 60 people were coming and I think there were probably only about 30. Other than that, everything was nice. We got home around 12:30am.
Saturday morning, we started working at 7am. Our husbands are wonderful and helped us all night on Friday and all day on Saturday. We spent all day Saturday setting up tables, chairs, centerpieces, drinks, etc for 500 people, and low and behold only about 150 showed up. This was one of our concerns from the beginning. They didn't know how many invitations they had given out and only had 200 (including their employees confirmed) and only about 40 that were not their employees. So, based on our information we could've told them only about this many would show. It was a great event other than the very low attendance. They had professional fireworks, a great band, great food and a ton of it, including lobster tails, a clown, inflatables, and lots of drinks and desserts.
It would've been a great day, but it looked so empty. Once again the president and "guests of honor" were very late and everyone was looking for them. We hope next year they will let us take care of everything. We'll see. I did get to see a professional fireworks show up close before it was launched, I got to get in a helicopter and learned a lot about helicopters from Eric one of the mechanics, I got to get in a fire truck, and we made a lot of great business contacts. I should have pictures to put up soon! Here are some pictures http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2089316050&code=29155791&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite
Sunday, as you can imagine, I rested and Tuan played in our church's golf tournament after church. I also had some work to do for the two other parties we have coming up and I needed to do some homework, but didn't get to it. The class I am in now has one big assignment, and I am having trouble settling on a topic to even start writing it.
Yesterday was back to class! So things will hopefully settle down a bit now.
No comments:
Post a Comment