Okay, so Tuan's parents came to visit with Amber and Dylin on 7/4/2007. We had a fun day picking blackberries, eating chuoi nuoung(with ice cream)and eating pho.
The 5th we had to drive to Tuan's parents's house to meet his uncle who was visiting from Texas. It was a quick trip.
The 6th, I finally got my final class project done that I had taken off all week to work on. I was paralzed by it, I couldn't think of what i wanted to do it on. So, since I couldn't find the inspiration for my paper, I didn't feel like I should be doing anything. Therefore, I got nothing done all week. I did finally think of what to write on while driving to Oak Ridge and did the entire paper on Friday the 6th.
Jen and I had our first meeting about a last minute job on the 21st that afternoon. We went into it thinking they needed very little from us and only needed us to finish up the job, but after meeting with the President and a secretary it seemed like such a much bigger job so we frantically got to work. Well, turns out the one person who wasn't in that meeting had already done quite a few of the things, but not really. Its hard to explain and she really didn't want us involved at all, she felt like she had it under control and her toes were being stepped on. We have been emailing her for the past two weeks and have met with them all once, and we are more frustrated and aggravated than we ever could be. I can't wait for this job to be over. It is all over with on Sunday morning! I know this is all confusing and I really have tried not to hold on to my aggravation, but it is so bad that we aren't sure we would work with them again if they asked. Not without being given full authority and planning power. Okay, enough of that....
Saturday and Sunday, I can't remember what we did, I guess I worked on party stuff. Oh wait, I did work on party stuff. We met with our wedding client who is getting married in Aruba on Saturday. We are doing a few parties for them, it is a great job. I am now doing some itineraries, programs and thank you cards for her, so I can follow my paper passion and my event planning passion all at once. On Sunday, I went to Zach's 13th Birthday party while Tuan played golf. I can't believe he is that old!
Monday, I started my second session class, Qualitative Research. It meets Mondays and Wednesdays for 4 hours! Well, it is supposed to be 4 hours, but so far we haven't stayed that long. It is actually an enjoyable class and I am learning some stuff, can't believe I can say that after 2 years in the program. The professor is one I haven't had before, but I think I will ask her to be on my committee since I think I am leaning towards a Qualitative Dissertation. All this week and last week has been party crap, orientations, class, work and working out occasionally.
Karissa and I found out the other day that we have been invited to attend a taping of Paula's Party in Savannah. We thought they had decided not to use us, so it was a pleasant surprise. Now I just have to figure out travel details, but not until this party hell is over.
Amber's 4th Birthday party was on the 14th. That was fun. It was a pool party and she had a blast. She usually gets hateful at stuff like that, but not this time. We only went down for the day and then we went out for a little bit with some friends from college who were in town. Pictures are at http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2089474866&code=29156027&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite
Well, its a jumble, but that is pretty much it!
No comments:
Post a Comment