Last week was crazy at work, we had three major deadlines all on Friday for projects. Some would say that we could've worked ahead on them, but that is only partially true. The first was for strategic planning, we could've worked ahead on that one, but I forgot that it was that time of year and when the reminder came it was already last minute. Joy and I knocked that one out pretty quickly though. The second was our budget proposal for the club I advise. We knew that was coming too, but couldn't really finish it up until after the convention we attended which only left us a few days. The last was my deadline for clubs to get in their application packets for the Annual Awards ceremony, so had I remembered the other two, I might have changed that one.
I also had a literature review due on Thursday. I hate projects like this. If I needed it for my dissertation or something it would at least seem useful, but I didn't really care for the topic so it only seemed like busy work. The bright side is that now I have at least done a practice lit review and I think I can make it work somehow for part of the lit review for my dissertation. It will take some stretching, but it is possible.
The Atlantic Sun Men's Basketball tournament was at ETSU this weekend. On Thursday the Bucs won, on Friday the Bucs one and then on Saturday they lost by 23 points to Belmont in the final! What a bummer!
On Saturday morning Tuan and I decided to take a quick hike to Laurel Falls. We hadn't done any hiking since Boone and we had a great time. It was nice to just walk and talk. I did take a stumble and hurt my knee pretty bad...I am certainly not graceful. After the hike was the game and then we went for consolation sushi and ice cream.
Sunday after church, we had lunch with the Swearingens. Sarah Kate drew a great picture of Tuan and I during church. I will scan it and post it soon. Tuan and I served communion in church, that was pretty cool. Sunday night and Monday night we finished watching all of the 24's that are currently on DVD at our Blockbuster. For those in the know this puts us 4 hours into Season 6. The nuke just went off, Curtis just got killed by Jack and poor Jack is crying by a pole! I just want to hug him! I can't stand it when Jack is sad! Actually I can't stand it when Jack cries, makes out with girlfriends and when Jack smiles...Jack should only be a badass! Not a softy! Kiefer's face isn't made for smiling anyway in my opinion! I can't wait to see what's next! I can't believe we can't get any more at the Blockbuster, what a situation...we aren't caught up to TV and we can't get the DVD. What will I do? I could download it on ITunes, but I don't want to watch it on the computer. I am not even sure that it is there, but it probably is!
This week our students are on Spring Break, so all is quiet at the office, a welcome change from last week!
No comments:
Post a Comment