Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Catching Up


I can't believe I haven't written in so long. Spring Break week in the office was nice nothing too exciting happened. On the 7th, we found out that Jeff Foxworthy was pulling about 30 of his speaking engagements, including ours, because his stupid TV show got extended and he had to do some taping. Thanks to some fast work on our part and our agent's part we were able to get David Spade to commit to do the date. As of Thursday the 15th we had his contract and were sending it back with our changes. That is FAST work! I am actually looking more forward to David's show than I was Jeff's, but I don't usually get to enjoy the shows anyway, so we'll see.

On Thursday the 8th, I started feeling sick again and left work early, on Friday I felt horrible and stayed home. I had to direct a wedding on the 9th and 10th so it was kind of miserable being sick and having to do that. The wedding went better than I thought it was going too, the planning beforehand was not what I would've like for it to have been. Good thing I work well on the fly. Tuan worked at the Shepard's breakfast on Saturday and then he and the guys from Sunday School played golf at the Ridges. It was the first time he had gotten to play there and it was a treat.

Sunday after church we had lunch with our Sunday School class and then I went home and rested, I started feeling even worse. On Monday, I was able to get a shot of "sinus cocktail" which seemed to make me feel better almost immediately. I have this condition called acute sinusitus and it makes it nearly impossible to get over things. The insides of my nose had swollen so much that I was having to use nose spray every 30 minutes to keep from feeling like I was about to suffocate. The shot reduces the inflammation almost immediately and allows me to heal up.

After work on Monday, Jen and I had our second official business meeting and got a lot of things done. Simply Events is now almost officially off the ground and our first event is in May. I got to do a presentation in class on Thursday on the Leadership Style of Jack Bauer. It was the most fun assignment I have done because it was more creative and about something fun that I cared about.

Tuan left on Tuesday night for a business trip in Denver on Wednesday and Thursday. I was still getting better so I used this time to rest up and get to bed early. I met up with him in Denver on Friday morning. We had lunch at this great burger place called the Cherry Cricket then we spent some time exploring the 16th Street Mall area before resting a bit. I was exhausted from driving to Knoxville at 4:30am in the rain to catch my plane. The good news was that I had a direct flight from Knoxville to Denver. We had dinner at a cool place called Zengo with Rachelle (Tuan's High School Friend), her boyfriend and a friend of hers that was in town from NY. It was a nice night out. We went to bed early though because we had to be at the train station at 6:45am.

On Saturday we took the Ski Train to Winter Park Resort. The weather was awesome! We took a snowcat ride around the top of the mountain and went into town for some window shopping and lunch. The rest of the time we just enjoyed the sunny day watching the skiers. In hindsight we wish we had taken advantage of the First Time Easy Start learn to ski program. Looked like a great deal. Ironically, when we got back from our trip we found out that a man from our town won the HGTV Dream Home located in Winter Park, CO. We had an early dinner after the train trip and then went to bed to get up at 2:30am to catch the shuttle to the airport.

We got back to Knoxville around 1:30pm and went to mom and dad's to see Patrick, Lanie and Deacon and to celebrate Patrick's birthday. Mom surprised me with a birthday cake too, and Sam sang Happy Birthday to me. It was nice to see Heather and David and their families. Karley is adorable. Deacon is growing like a weed and too funny, I can't wait until he decides to start walking...he totally can, just doesn't really want to. I wish I had had my camera. Maybe dad will send me some pictures. HINT HINT!!!!

We found out when we got back to town that a guy I went to high school with who also helped me buy my first house was missing since Friday. I was hoping maybe he just needed some time alone, but it turns out that he was found dead last night from a car accident. Something seems very weird about all this, I am anxious to hear the details. I am really sad that things turned out the way they did, he was such a great guy, soft spoken, kind, seemed to have it all going for him. I used to see him all the time at Barberito's. It really has made me feel so sad for his family and friends and made me take a hard look at my own mortality and how quickly things can happen.

Well, that's all for now...

No comments: