Thursday, May 25, 2006

Just another normal Wednesday!

Today, I had lunch with Sally and Joy, every Wednesday, the three of us and Joe all go to my favorite restaurant, Barberito's for lunch. After lunch, I went with Joy and Sally to see Chef's Secret, I think they may be on board to the great service now too.

I had an appointment with my advisor, Dr. Renner, at 2pm. I really like meeting with her and can't wait to have an actual in classroom class with her soon. She seems to understand me, and of course, I like that. So often, I feel like I am not "academic" or "intelligent" enough to be respected in the program, but she seems to value my passion and uniqueness and makes it feel okay to be "different". She and I also probably have a lot in common. She is encouraging me to finish my degree and as I am doing that look into starting a non profit to capitalize on my passions and give me a place to make a difference more creatively and in my own way. I think this sounds great, and as she was talking it sounded like a good fit for me. Now I just have to get my lazy butt in gear and find that thing that "makes me so angry that I want to do something". I think it is definitely out there, but I can't be lazy, I have to work and research this. I have time, but I hope I don't forget this as an option.

After visiting with her, I went home to rest, but ended up finding things to do at the house. I couldn't seem to sit still even though I really wanted to. I did get some of my reading done which is good. My class that I am doing now online is really heavy on the reading. Tuan went to the driving range, so I had some time to get some reading done, and then we took a walk before watching some TV and going to bed.

No comments: