Sunday, March 05, 2006

No More Headache

Well, Bunco at Jennifer's was very fun and she made such a yummy pecan chicken dinner. I need to remember to get that recipe from her. She is a great hostess.

On Wednesday, my students had their first Homecoming 2006 meeting. It went so well! Zarah is going to be a great committee leader, and I think this year should be a breeze. Now if we can only get Kenny Chesney to come do our concert. Not looking so good so far. We did get the Goo Goo Dolls for this semester though, which is really cool because people already know who they are and they are coming out with a new CD very soon! We got lucky since they first said no because of their record label's plans for a publicity tour, but they called us back right before we got committed to another band and said the record label had changed its mind and they were now available!

On Thursday, after class, Tuan and I enjoyed our weekly night in watching Survivor (I think Terry will make it), CSI, and Without a Trace. Actually, Tuan always watches all three, I sometimes fall asleep during Without a Trace. It is nice to have a night that we purposely just sit and hang out. BTW, one should not be able to play on the internet for 2.5 hours in a Ed.D. level class and not miss a thing. However, that is exactly what my class session was like on Thursday.

On Friday, after work, we met mom in Greeneville to pick up a very nice baby blanket that she had made for Dylin and then we headed back to Oak Ridge to help out at the restaurant again. I always feel bad that we get there so late after the rush, I know they wish we were able to help out earlier, but Tuan does not like to leave work early.

Saturday was fun! Tuan and I had a light breakfast and did some reading at Panera, and then we met his mom at Trung and Lisa's and me, Tuan's mom, and Amber went into Knoxville to do a little shopping and have lunch. Tuan's dad went to Atlanta for the day for some reason. Amber is too much fun. All day I kept asking her who's birthday it was and she was say "everybody's" and then I would ask her who she loves and she would point at me and then everyone else. Now that she is getting a bit older it is a lot of fun to hang out with her. Then we rested a bit, finally got Amber to take a nap, and went to work at the restaurant. It was pretty slow, so I got some reading done (I love reading magazines and I had some catching up to do, although I should've done homework), and Tuan and I made Vietnamese crepes for dinner! Yum!

Linh and Sa came by after closing, he had made a great list of Vietnamese words, phrases and grammar for me, now I have to learn to pronounce them. We were joking that I will probably know how to read and write Vietnamese pretty well, but won't be able to pronounce anything right. And Tuan won't be able to read or write! We'll see! Linh wants me to bring some cassettes next time I come and we will record the pronunciations, I also have a CD-ROM that has some on it. Then he wants me to write down how to pronounce them for Cat Van. I think he is hoping that she and I will both finally learn some Vietnamese. I think I am kind of hard on myself because I think I should already know more, but I really just started trying and just started getting good help, and actually sometimes I am surprised at what I do remember. I just seem to only be able to pronounce things that really aren't important like "car" and "shark".

We went by Trung and Lisa's again, and played some more with Amber. I also had some time to chat with Lisa. They are unfortunately dealing with a lot of un-needed stress right now, and hopefully other's will realize soon that they are adults and should be left to make the best decisions for their own family. Neither of them needs to deal with extra stress now. Dylin is so much more alert this week, its amazing how much has changed with him in only one week. I bet Deacon will be huge and totally different when we get to see him again!

Now we just returned from Church at First United Methodist (beautiful church) and are having a quick light breakfast and coffee before heading back to the restaurant. Lisa is a bit depressed (rightfully so in many ways) so I think we will do something nice for her before we head back and then I have handbells at the church tonight. Laura is coming with me so that should be fun. Tuan has to meet the renter again, can you believe that he is still not out? UGHHHHH! Anyway, hopefully today will be the day!

No comments: