Friday, November 12, 2010

Craft Night-Advent Calendars


Note: A Tutorial on this Project will be posted soon.

Last night I had some friends over for craft night at my house. The project was Muffin Tin Advent Calendars, and it was a hoot. All I did was pull out my under used scrapbooking supplies, everyone brought snacks and a 24 section mini muffin tin and then the fun began. Now for what to include in each section? I want to use mine to remind us of our Christmas Traditions each year, however I know others plan to simply add small bits of candy and use their to countdown to Christmas Day. Here are some of the great calendars that my very creative friends made last night. Along with some ideas that I have had for putting into my sections. Will you please comment with other ideas that you plan to include in your family's advent calendar this year?


1.Take Food to a local food pantry or homeless shelter
2.Make salt dough and do a hand imprint
3.Make a popcorn garland for the mantle and watch a Christmas movie
4. Make Gingerbread cookies to give away
5. The Angel Visits Mary (Mark 1:1-8) reading from the Bible. Share hot cocoa and Christmas cookies together as you read these verses.
6. Watch “The Greatest Story Ever Told" together.
7. Make Christmas Cards for your teachers
8. Read Luke 1:26-38 together.
9. Wrap Christmas Gifts for family and friends
10. Drive around your town together and look at Christmas lights.
11. Watch “The Littlest Angel” together.
12. Read Matthew 1:18-24
13. Go visit Santa at the Mall
14. Take clothes to a shelter for those in need
15. Christmas Eve: Read Luke 2:1-5. Attend Christmas Eve service together!
16. Merry Christmas: Read Isaiah 9:1-6. Enjoy Christmas together!

Obviously, I need your help with more ideas!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: