Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Festivities

Okay, so this starts a bit before Thanksgiving, but it is all within the same week.

Last Sunday, the 18th, I had a really bad bout of forgetfullness. It has happened alot since I have been pregnant, but this was relaly bad. As most know, I am in our church's handbell choir, we practice every Sunday at the same time and have for months. After Sunday School, I asked my friend, Laura, if she would be there and she said she wasn't sure and asked me to confirm the time, I told her that it was an hour later and felt quite certain that she didn't know the correct time only because she had missed a few times and forgot. Then, I was sitting in church reading the week's events and noticed that the calendar still said the old time for handbell practice as well (same time as Laura thought). I was talking on the phone with Tuan right before I left for handbells and told him I was leaving, he said "don't they start an hour earlier?", I said "no" they have always started at this time. So, to wrap up this story, when I arrived at handbells 10 minutes before I thought I needed to be there, everyone was finisheing up. What an idiot!

On the 20th, I was lucky to be invited to my high school friend, Angie's house for dinner with her family! It was a lot of fun! She has the greatest little girls (2 and 5). After I got home, I needed to make some banana bread to take to mom's for Thanksgiving. I was making a lot, but only had two loaf pans so I decided to do the other batches in cake pans, stoneware, and a casserole dish just so I didn't have to stay up all night!! The loaves were beautiful, but the other stuff came out in pieces. Still tasted good though! If you are a banana bread eater, this is the easiest and most moist recipe I have had, you can even just throw it all in a food processor if you want! http://food.realsimple.com/realsimple/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=780334

Wednesday, the 21st, Tuan and I headed to mom and dad's to get ready for Thanksgiving and hang out with Patrick, Lanie and Deacon. Melanie, Jessica, Tori and Michael were there when we got there. It was a fun night!

Thanksgiving Day, the Turner family came over to mom and dad's for Thanksgiving lunch. Tuan and Patrick were in charge of frying the turkey, and everyone seemed to have fun! Deacon wasn't haven't the greatest day, but he is not even two yet, so he's forgiven. That kid sure does like to watch "Cars". That night we just hung out and recovered from eating so much. Tuan and I decided to spend one more night, since Patrick's Sargent called and gave him the day off on Friday and they were able to stay too.

Thanksgiving 2007

Click for More Pictures

Friday morning, we headed home, and while we were running some errands, we found out that mom and dad were coming to visit and to help us move some furniture around. Then we found out that Tuan's parents were coming! It's all good...with everyone's help, we were able to get the nursery painted, move furniture to the nursery from the basement, put some dimmer switches on the lights, put up the Christmas tree, and have dinner courtesy of Tuan's mom. It was a very productive day! Thanks for all the help EVERYONE!

Saturday, Tuan's parents, Tuan and I went to see if we could find some basement furniture with no luck. Then that night we went to Uncle Sanford's for mom's family's Thanksgiving Soup Supper. It was also fun and yummy!

Sunday, I taught Sunday School, we had lunch, and did a few more erands and then Tuan and I settled in to sit on the couch and watch movies. We watched "Cars", I see why Deacon likes it, and we watched "Transformers" which was much better than I had thought it would be.

Monday, was one of those days were nothing worked out as planned, which threw our day off, but all is well!

Click the picture below for more pictures of the nursery progress! It will look much better when the futon is taken out and a glider is put in and when we get some things on the walls!

Nursery

No comments: