Friday, February 02, 2007

I can't believe I am sick...AGAIN!

I feel like I just got well a couple of days ago, and then on Wednesday I woke up with the same sore throat that I just got over. I went to work for only a few hours on Thursday then went home and watched Alfie and The Phantom of the Opera and rested. I also took a lot of strong cold meds. Today I feel a bit better, but not quite right. At least my throat has eased off a bit.

I love The Phantom of the Opera and could have sung each word if my throat wasn't hurting, but I think it is not necessarily the story that I love so much, it is a great story though, but the fact that a very long time ago Tuan and I went to see it when he lived in Jacksonville. We weren't really dating then, but I was so in love with him and I remember thinking what a great day we had that day. He fixed dinner before we went and then the show was fantastic. I think it is the memory of that day that makes the Phantom one of my favorites.

This kind of reminds me of a bit Bob and Sheri did in their chatroom. I love Bob and Sheri by the way, and we don't get their show here so I podcast it. Anyway, they were asking people to call in and tell them the weirdest thing they had kept from a past relationship. They mentioned during the calls that it is not the thing you keep that is so important or the person it represents, but what is important is that it represents a you that you will never be again. I think that is right on and a great way to think about it. What is the craziest thing you have ever kept? I went through a phase a few years ago when I got rid of everything, so kind of sadly, I have NOTHING!

Now for my week recap, since I use this as my journal and for general musings. On Monday, Mom and Dad came over for Dad's favorite "Vietnamese" meal. I use Vietnamese very loosely here as it is really not a true Vietnamese meal, but he loves it. They brought Zach and stayed for a bit. We watched some TV and Dad, Zach and Tuan played Tiger Woods PGA 2007. Dad is addicted to that, but he doesn't have a gaming system.

Tuesday, I had to work late, and intended to do some homework, but only really ended up watching some 24 episodes. I am in season 4 now! Michelle just came back to CTU for those who are interested in my progress. I should be caught up in no time now.

Wednesday, we had Bible Study and then Jen and I met with Bob to go over our business plan. He was impressed with our progress so far and gave us some great feedback and suggestions on how to really get our name out there. That name by the way is Simply Events and we have a doman now www.simplyeventsonline.com . There is nothing there yet, but we actually have a domain name and that is cool. Our logo is almost ready as well.

Thursday, I went home sick, as stated previously, and thankfully night classes were canceled due to some snow storm that didn't actually materialize.

No comments: