Friday, February 23, 2007

Conference, Anniversary, Chuck D and Mom




On Thursday the 15th, Tuan had to go to Knoxville for a Managers' Meeting. This really stunk since I had to leave on Saturday morning for a convention in Nashville and he wasn't supposed to get back before I left. Well, he surprised me and came home on Friday night and took me to dinner at Sushi Blues to celebrate our 2nd Anniversary a bit early! Our actual anniversary is on Sunday, but due to the convention I was attending we wouldn't be able to celebrate. We had a nice night out and it was so great that he came home early!

I left with 5 students on Saturday morning to go spend a few days at the Opryland Hotel for the NACA Convention. This convention is a ton of fun for students because it is basically a trade show with a bunch of concerts attached. There are also some educational sessions, but the primary purpose is to get students interested in booking the acts at their campus. We saw a lot of great stuff, I got to reconnect with some old friends from ASU and they came back excited about programming on campus. I also treated myself to what I believe is the best pedicure on the planet (at least that I have tried) on my actual anniversary (see description below). If you haven't ever stayed in this hotel, I highly recommend it at least once. We were just there at Christmas so to stay again was very nice. The picture is of the view from my balcony...indoors! :)

Royal Relache Spa Pedicure
This is an ultimate restorative foot treatment. A combination of exfoliation and massage provides the perfect pedicure using a combination of nature’s own glycolic and lactic fruit acids for all skin types. The outer layers of skin are gently sloughed away to reduce fine lines and surface wrinkles, minimize dryness and softens skin texture. We use a combination of Vitamin E and ceremides to offer you the ultimate in foot and leg massage.

Mom had to have some surgery on Monday, she finally got to go home on Thursday, but she is still really sore and has about 6 weeks of recovery time ahead of her.

We got back from Nashville on Tuesday night late, and Tuan and I exchanged anniversary gifts then. He got me some beautiful earrings, and I gave him gifts to go with the 2nd anniversary gift lists...embroidered golf towels for the cotton, and I did a plate at the paint your own pottery place for a makeshift china gift.

I worked just a bit on Wednesday and then went to check in on Mom, on my way home, I stopped at Houser Shoes and got my birthday present from Tuan. I have been wanting these shoes for months, but didn't want to pay for them, so they were my birthday present and they are amazing! Highly recommended! They are what nurses wear, so how could you go wrong?

On Thursday, luckily I only had one class because we had Chuck D on campus he did a great lecture with the overall title of "Rap, Race and Reality", but really he talked about a ton of things. He was great, and awesome to our students. He was on campus for 4 hours with our students...talking, answering questions, posing for pictures and signing autographs. He was great to work with! The one thing I got from the presentation was that Flava Flav is exactly what he is on TV...that somehow made me feel better about ol' Flav, at least he is being himself. We had an awesome crowd of about 400 so other than getting in after 11pm, it was a great show!

No comments: