Thursday, July 17, 2008

How Do They Do It!

I started back to work full time on 7/7. The two weeks prior to that I had worked a few half days each week to try to ease back into things and give Turner a chance to adjust to her daycare. It is always hard to leave her, but it hasn't been as hard as I thought to get back into the swing of things.

What is hard is figuring out how to balance all the things that I want/need to do in a day. I have to get up around 5:30am to get things ready for her and me for the day, then I work all day, then I rush to pick her up so that she doesn't have to stay there for any longer than required, she naps a bit when we get home and I can usually at least get things put away and the bottles washed, then while she is awake I really want to spend time with her, and then Tuan comes home and he gets to spend about an hour with her before we start her bedtime stuff, we eat dinner LATE, I try to do a few things around the house (usually just straightening up), and then I am exhausted by 10pm and off to bed.

I really need to do more than just straigtening at the house, I have tons of projects that need to be finished, I really want to start exercising again, but I have no idea how to fit it all in! I know people do it all the time, I suppose I could get up at 5am and work out...but then I would be even more exhausted! I could also work out after she goes to bed, but that is usually dinner time and I hear you shouldn't exercise too close to bedtime...is that true? I suppose I could let her play alone while I did some stuff nearby...but that is what she gets all day at daycare! I suppose I could pass some things off to Tuan...but he really chips in more than his share and works really long hours already!

Oh well, I keep telling myself that when I am no longer trying to supply her with as much breastmilk as possible that will free up some time, and when she can follow me around and "help out" we will be able to have fun doing the things that need to be done, but for now, I WILL ENJOY MY BABY GIRL and who cares about the rest.

No comments: