How have I let myself go so long without writing...well, somehow it happened, and as I usually try to do, I have been keeping a list in no particular order of things that I wanted to write about. So I will do a few now and hopefully a few for the next couple of days and then I will be caught up. It probably won't be a well thought out as it would've been, but it is what it is (that is my new favorite phrase, by the way).
Sorority Recruitment, Sickness, 9/11 anniversary, and Joy's Dad
Well, I ended up finishing up the week of sorority recruitment in Joy's Absence, it was fun, but it was long nights (midnight every night) and by the time it was over, I ended up getting a horrible bout of bronchitis and sinuitis (spelling?) and I was out the whole next week of work. Unfortunately, Joy's dad passed away so I hated not to be at work mostly because I knew she needed someone to be there, it all worked out at work though, and I was feeling well enough on Saturday to make it to the receiving of friends for her dad. Speaking of which, I was happy to be able to go to show my love and support to Joy, but the receiving of friends is a really awkward thing to go to when you only know one person in the family. I wish I had stayed for the burial, but I was coughing a lot and would've disrupted things.
I happened to be home sick on the 5th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. I was amazed at how strong those images still were and how fresh that feeling of vulnerability still is. Not only was I kind of amazed at the strength of it, but I was comforted by the strength of it. I don't ever want to forget the people who were lost in the attacks and the aftermath of the attacks.
Tuan's memory class
During the time that I was working so much and sick, Tuan took a golfing trip with Mark to Greenville, SC and he took at memory class through his work. It is so cool how he can memorize things now. You can give him a list of 20 random things and he will be able to tell it back to you after only hearing the list once and never seeing it. Great party trick! Good for the shopping list! Can't wait to see the other more practical applications!
Survivor and Cao Boi (http://www.tvgrapevine.com/smf/index.php?topic=8352.msg26996;topicseen
A new season of Survivor has started since I last wrote. At first it was divided into a Hispanic, Caucasian, Asian and African-American tribes. They merged pretty quickly, but the very annoying Vietnamese man who goes by Cao Boi totally cracks me up. Especially when he was getting rid of the dude's "bad wind" Tuan tries to do that to me everytime I have a headache only he never knew about "bad wind" and he never left a big ol' mark on my head. It does feel good though. I think I will talk to Tuan about using "Cao Boi" as our child's middle name someday :)
Labeled convicts
On my way to work the other day I saw work team from the jail down the street. I happened to notice this time that they had vests on with their crime printed on them. That's pretty cool, especially since I am ususally asking myself, "I wonder what they did?".
No comments:
Post a Comment